Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Written to the iambic pentameter of the song "Raglan Road" sung by Luke Kelly

As I looked in her eyes twas great surprise as our lips softly met
As I held her there it was her stare that held my heart for true
For on those nights when she slept tight I dreamt of days to come
She laid by me with passions free it was where we were meant to be
Her long blonde hair on pillow near as our loved filled the air
The days when her smile would light a mile I let her sunshine in
But with utter grief and disbelief I knew we would soon part
I held her tight on every night so that her impression was made
And on those cold nights so far away I watched her from over here
I remembered her smile while I was on trial for I kept it in my heart
For on those days when we’d not part I would watch her once again
And when I came from far away I knew that we would do
Having baled my hay and next to her lay our life it would begin
No more those days when her sweet gaze was miles from me again