Sunday, April 4, 2010

Who doesn't love a horse


I have admired these horses who graze in a fenced off meadow close to the road which I travel twice a day. From what I have gathered the farmer brings a fresh bail of hay each day and drops it in the same spot. I have a perfect view of the horses when they are near the hay. One in particular always catches my attention. t is brown with white rounded patchs, but not overburdened with them. It may be the most beautiful horse I've ever seen. I have myself convinced it is an Andulusian, but after just checking "google", I am far from any characteristic which would indentify it as an Andalusian. Silly me.

In my head I start budgeting out my finances, wondering if I could afford to shelter and feed this horse, it would be a glorious gift for my love. I would have to buy a horse trailer, for that matter I would also have to get a truck. Maybe the horse wouldn't survive the trip across canada and maybe this is just another ephemeral thought.

Anyways, I noticed yesterday that the horse was laying in the feed hay, sort of propped up by it. It was laying in the hay as the other 3 horses were around the pile eating from it. I thought this to be quite amusing, thinking that if I were a horse, I'd definitely do shit like that. I mean why stand up when you can lay down. The horse was back on to the other horses and seemed quite content, and content perhaps to the consternation of the other horses

Today the horse was right at the pile again, as were all the other horses. Again the horse was back on the other horses. It was so close to the pile that it's hooves were imbedded in the hay. I looked closer at the horse as I thought it had lifted one of it's hind legs. I believe it did, but then put it back down into the hay. It was at this moment, having looked closer at the horse that I noticed something.

I didn't know if it was funny or not, when I noticed the horse was taking a shit in the very hay the other horses were eating from - as they were eating it. Some glad I don't live wit dat fella!