Wednesday, April 14, 2010


I was just on the bus going through Pinnacle Ridge. I went past a section of town houses when I noticed something on the very small front step of one of the houses. These steps are large enough to accommodate a regular sized BBQ and a couple of lawn chairs comfortably.

On this the 14th of April with a high of 12 degrees Celsius I spied an inflatable harbour porpoise and kids swimming pool.

Surely these people aren't extending pool privileges to their children this time of the year. I can only assume they just left the pool avec accoutrements on the front step all year. I mean why else would they have it there? It’s not as though it’s a skidoo or a quad or even a Porsche, it’s a friggin kiddie pool and a bloody dolphin.
Do they not have space for an easily stored deflated fun? Or are they bragging by leaving it out all year for everyone to see and wish that they too could afford such luxuries?

Whatever the reasoning is behind such a thing nearly compels me to go to that residence and make inquiries with the occupants.

Check this out for some crazy fun, I've watched this nearly a dozen times, sure to make you say "holy shit", out of amazement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPp2HlIMkmU