Sunday, May 8, 2011

Magnum who?

So apparently Tom Selleck is on a new television show, I was not fully aware of this, nor do I really care other than the fact that he used to be Thomas Magnum - as in Magnum PI, for those less knowledgeable when it comes to 80's nostalgia. As well he's 66 years old, holy shit!

I've just learned (after 1 minute of research) that the name of the show is "Blue Bloods" which also stars Donnie Wahlberg of New Kids On The Block fame.

Anyways I was at the Gym the other day and this show with Tom Selleck was on, nobody was really watching it and some guy - in pursuit of changing the channel - politely asks

"is there anybody watching this?"

Which causes everyone to look around at the television, at the moment Tom has the camera's attention in a big scene.

Surprised and happy to see one of my favourite PI's (Jim Rockford #1) I announce

"My god man, surely you're not going to turn off Magnum PI during his big scene?"

This was obviously met by confusion as no one in the gym was old enough to know who Magnum PI was, and they had no clue what I was talking about.

Not the first time that has happened.

Perhaps I should be more in tune to my audience.